Many homeowners certainly don’t have the time to give their homes a deep clean. Cleaning and doing chores are always concerns in many households. There’s that struggle between wanting to have a clean and spotless home, but also neglecting to do it because of other responsibilities and well, let’s face it—procrastination. Between the work you have to do, the kids to take care of, and other responsibilities in the day, cleaning your home may often fall far behind your list of things to do.
Expert cleaners, such as bay area cleaning services, are here to save the day by sharing their best tips through a checklist. When it comes to keeping your home clean, it’s not so much about the hours you spend cleaning your home. Rather, it’s more about cleaning smart with good strategy.
Here’s a sample checklist you can follow to ensure your home stays shiny and clean from the inside out.
1) Hire A Professional Rubbish Removal Company
A home with rubbish bins that are filling up to the brim is never a clean home. If you have that on your front lawn, then your home isn’t even going to look attractive. The bigger your family is, the faster your bins are going to get filled. This necessitates the need to stay on top of all the rubbish. To be able to do such, a business such as this is worth hiring.
- They result in better time management and efficiency: When you have the professionals take care of rubbish collection and clearing, that’s one chore off your list of things to do. Because they’re experts at what they do, it also follows that they are more efficient for the task. It’ll take them less time to complete the removal than it would’ve taken if you took care of that chore yourself.
- They help you protect the environment: Hiring a professional rubbish removal company is a better idea if you aim to maintain an eco-friendly home. They can help protect the environment simply because they know how to dispose of certain waste appropriately. For example, you can’t just throw away hazardous waste mixed with all the other trash you send to the landfill. Let the rubbish removal company take care of them so these hazardous wastes will not pose danger to the environment and your immediate community.
2) Clean Up Your Entryway
Your entryway is one of the areas in your home that will carry heavy foot traffic. Whether you like it or not, the foot traffic that comes in and out of it would include dirty shoes. So, it’s just but fitting to make it a point to clean your entryway at least every other day or every day, if possible. This would entail:
- Sweeping or vacuuming floors
- Hanging jackets properly
- Mop floors
- Organize and clean shoes
- Clean and change your doormats
In the middle of all the rush, as you go out of your home and get back, it’s expected that your entryway can also get quite messy. Prioritizing this area in your cleaning checklist also ensures your home continues to be presentable should a guest suddenly arrive.
3) Clean And Disinfect The Kitchen
The kitchen is the heart of every home. If your family regularly does a lot of cooking, it’s expected for your kitchen to harbor quite a lot of mess. A good practice to stay on top of cleaning your kitchen is to clean as you go. This means cleaning and sorting out your kitchen equipment, utensils and tools while you’re cooking and preparing meals. By doing so, you won’t have to be overwhelmed with a major cleaning task later on.
Other cleaning tasks on your kitchen checklist should include:
- Sweeping and mopping the floor
- Wiping down cabinets and disinfecting countertops
- Cleaning inside and around your sink
- Cleaning kitchen appliances and washing dishes
4) Tidy Up The Dining Room
Next to your kitchen, your dining room can also be one of the messiest places in your home. Especially when you have young children, the dining room can easily accumulate a lot of mess due to spills and crumbs.
If you have a breakfast nook where you have your meals and do other work and crafts, then your main dining area may not be as messy. If this isn’t the case, however, cleaning your dining room should be a daily habit that includes:
- Vacuuming your rugs and carpets
- Dusting the cabinets or buffet table
- Wiping and disinfecting the dining table and chairs
As you can see, the checklist above isn’t too exhaustive. But it’s a tried-and-tested start to keep your home in order. When you follow through with the tips above, you’re guaranteed to have a clean home even when you rush through busy days. More so, staying on top of your cleaning routine can give you restful weekends.
You no longer have to worry about exhausting your entire Saturday cleaning when in fact you could’ve simply been resting or spending time with your family. Start applying the checklist above along with certain additions, depending on your preference, needs, and home size.