Whether you’ve just moved into a new home and want to put your own stamp on things, or your current kitchen isn’t feeling quite as fresh as it once did, there can be a variety of reasons as to why you may want to spruce up one of the hearts of your home.
As well as changing personal tastes, there are other benefits that come with renovating your kitchen. So, if you are planning on giving it some TLC, here are 4 reasons to get going with the refurb.
1. Your Current Kitchen is Deteriorating
It’s easy to neglect your home, especially your kitchen if you have a busy lifestyle. Whether you’re constantly at work, or you spend all your time and money with your children, there can be a variety of reasons why kitchens deteriorate over time.
And as well as this, they’re always being used, which increases the chances of them needing a spruce up before other rooms in the house. From broken cabinets, broken tiles, peeling walls, or appliances that are just really old, if this sounds like you, it’s time for a BGI Kitchen Remodeler service.
2. It Can Increase the Value of Your Home
A new kitchen can increase your home’s value. Fact. As a rule of thumb, the value is delivered as the percentage of money spent on the kitchen renovation that you recover after you’ve sold your home. And according to Homes and Garden, homeowners can typically receive around 52% on their investment once they’ve sold up.
Of course, the exact amount you’ll receive from the kitchen remodel depends on a few factors, including:
- The quality of the materials used and the final project itself
- The value of your home
- The value of properties in and around your neighborhood
3. It Can Accommodate Your Friends and Family Better
If you’ve just moved into a new home, you may find the kitchen doesn’t suit your daily needs. Let’s face it, what worked for the previous owners may not work for you. Perhaps you entertain more guests and there’s not enough space for people to comfortably come in and out, or maybe you’ve got kids and need a breakfast bar to serve meals when you’re in a rush.
Whatever the reason, you need your kitchen to not only represent you as a family but to also cater to your lifestyle.
4. It Can Improve the Functionality of Your Kitchen
As well as being an attractive place to spend your time, your kitchen needs to be functional, as it’s often the hub of the house. To make the area more practical, you’ll need to think about your space and ask yourself questions, including:
- Are your cooking and prepping areas too cramped and small?
- Can you open cabinets and the refrigerator easily?
- If you eat in the kitchen, is there enough space to serve meals?
- Is there enough light in your kitchen?
So, whether you need more countertop space, or need to expand the size of your kitchen to improve its functionality, there are a few top interior design tips that can help you to achieve this:
- Install under-cabinet lighting
- Install storage organizers inside drawers
- Install wall cabinets for extra storage space
- Reconfigure your space to add a breakfast bar/prep island
- Install smaller appliances, e.g a refrigerator and freezer that fit into counters
Give Your Kitchen Some Love
Whether you’re selling your house and want to add a bit of value, or you’re just tired of your kitchen looking neglected, it’s time to get your remodel on and give your space the attention it deserves.