Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links, which means we earn a commission when you purchase through these links.
More and more people around the world are learning about their impact on the environment and looking to make smarter and more eco-friendly choices. Let’s explore 5 reasons why just switching to reusable bags is great for your health and the environment.
Even though plastic bags are small and do not have much weight to them, they can leave behind a large environmental footprint. The amount of petroleum that is used to produce just 14 plastic bags is equivalent to driving a vehicle a single mile. This may not seem like much until you add in the fact that Fiji uses an average of 66 million plastic bags per year, Australia uses about 6.9 billion, and the U.S. uses about 100 billion bags on an annual basis.
Just by switching to reusable bags, you are conserving resources and reducing negative impacts on the environment.
Protect the Environment
Pollution is a huge issue as more trash makes its way into landfills, water sources, and oceans around the world. Only about 1 percent of plastic bags are recycled in the U.S., leaving the other 99 percent to roam the far reaches of the world.
Plastic bags affect wildlife as well and account for thousands of animal deaths each year, so a simple switch could save hundreds of animals and decrease pollution of the environment.
When it comes to plastic products, you can never know where they’ve been. Plastic bags could have chemicals and germs originating from sources you’d never expect, meaning you could be bringing unknown bacteria into your home.
Reusable bags are made from materials that are easy to keep clean, so you know the cleanliness of your belongings.
Plastic bags aren’t the most comfortable to carry around – especially when you have heavier items that need to be moved from one place to another. The straps of these bags can weaken or thin out, causing bags to break or dig into your hands or arms while carrying them.
Reusable tote bags are ideal for use throughout your daily life and don’t wear out easily, so you can use them for several months or years without digging into the skin.
When using reusable bags, you’ll be surprised at how much they come in handy. Eco-friendly bags can be used for a variety of reasons, including storage of documents, carrying miscellaneous items, or shopping in your favorite grocery store. They can also be used for picnics, beach trips, family outings, and in plenty of other situations, so you get the most use out of these bags.
Plastic bags aren’t meant to be used over and over again and eventually they rip or become weak, endangering your stored items and making it more difficult to carry things.
Reusable bags are a much better option than plastic bags, both for convenience and for the environment. Custom Earth makes the classiest printed bags, which is why they’re quickly becoming known as one of the best brands for eco-friendly tote bags and other products. If you want to make the switch and start using your own eco-friendly bags, all you have to do is ditch the plastic and find a few classy tote bags for your every need.