For many women, part of their morning and evening routines involve a skincare regimen of using multiple products to get beautiful skin. Why do we put ourselves through this? Because we are fighting the signs of aging and trying to maintain youthful looks and beautiful skin! However, sometimes not much thought into what is in the products that we are using. Here’s 7 tips to consider when choosing skin products.
On a Quest for Beautiful Skin
You may not realize that what you are putting on your skin may actually be working against what they are trying to prevent to begin with. In fact, the average woman puts twelve products on her skin daily. And, some may contain harmful chemicals.
So, what can we do? How can we combat pollutants, the sun, and the drying effects of air? How can we be sure we are using the very best products on our skin so we can be healthy inside and out? Here are 7 tips to assist in this process:
1. Be very aware of what is in skincare products. Use products that are all natural as much as possible. You can check the ingredients of products at EWG.org. They check 1000’s of products.
2. Look for products that contain Dermal Surface Renewal Technology. DSR smoothes away existing signs of aging such as laugh lines, crows feet, and dullness.
3. Use products that have regenisomes. Regenisomes penetrate the skin to speed cell renewal after sun exposure. They also use the light of photosomes to undo sun damage, and have ultrasomes to renew skin while sleeping. Speaking of sun damage, don’t spend time in the sun with protection on your skin. It not only causes premature aging but puts you at risk for skin cancer.
4. Find products with Proteo-C and Proflavonol-T. These two vitamins protect the skin from premature aging caused by the sun, pollution, and other environmental factors. They also provide advanced nutrition to the skin to keep it appearing smooth and firm.
5. Look products that are paraben-free. Parabens are synthetic chemical preservatives that are widely used in personal care products such as shampoos, conditioners, hair styling products, make-up, facial masks, skin lotions and creams, and deodorants. They also are typically ingredients in baby lotions, shampoos, and other personal care products for infants and children. In addition, parabens are in many foods and pharmaceutical products. Researchers are beginning to find parabens in benign and malignant human breast tumors. While some studies have challenged their toxicity in many products and question their long term affect on humans, using products that are paraben free can eliminate the risk of exposure to this harmful chemical.
6. Drink plenty of water! Water hydrates skin and hair as well as flushes toxins out of the body. The average person should drink 8- 8 ounce glasses per day.
7. Limit stress or learn to manage it effectively. Stress is harmful both emotionally and physically. Find that stress reliever activity that works best and use it on a daily basis!
There’s always new products coming onto the market. Beauty products is a huge money making industry. That doesn’t mean you have go out and try every popular new cleanser or cream that comes out. Check them against this list and against the EWG database. Check online for product reviews, too. I, also, check products by their price to make sure they don’t bust my budget.