Air conditioners are an essential part of any home during the summer months. But when they break down, it can be a nightmare. Luckily, there are some things you can do to troubleshoot and repair your AC unit yourself.
Here are some tips from a pro:
- Check the power: First, make sure that your AC unit is plugged in and receiving power. Check the circuit breaker to see if it has been tripped.
- Check the filters: Clogged or dirty filters are one of the most common causes of AC problems. Check and clean your filters regularly to keep your AC unit running smoothly.
- Check the thermostat: Your AC unit will not work properly if the thermostat is not set correctly. Make sure the thermostat is set to “cool” and the temperature is set lower than the current room temperature.
- Check for leaks: Another common problem with AC units is leaks. Check all of the hoses and connections for leaks and tighten them if necessary.
- Check the compressor: The compressor is the heart of the AC unit. If it is not working, your AC unit will not work. Check to see if the compressor is running and if it is, check for leaks.
If you have followed all of these tips and your AC unit still is not working properly, it may be time to call a professional. But by troubleshooting the problem yourself, you can save time and money.
What are the 4 indicators that your air conditioner needs to be serviced?
If you notice any of the following 4 indicators, it’s time to call a professional for AC repair in Warrenton VA:
Your AC unit is not cooling your home as effectively as it used to:
A drop in the cooling capacity of your AC unit is a sign that something is wrong. This could be due to a problem with the compressor or Freon levels. If you notice that your AC unit is not cooling your home as effectively as it used to, you should have a professional check it out. They will be able to diagnose the problem and recommend a course of action. Ignoring the problem will only make it worse, so don’t delay in getting it fixed.
Your energy bills are increasing:
Have you noticed your energy bills going up lately? If so, it could be due to an issue with your AC unit. One of the most common causes of a spike in energy usage is a leak in the system. A small leak can quickly lead to a significant increase in your utility bills. Another possibility is that your AC unit is working overtime to compensate for dirty air filters or poorly insulated ductwork. These problem areas can cause your system to use more energy than necessary, driving up your bills. If you’re concerned about rising energy costs, be sure to have your AC unit checked by a qualified technician. They can diagnose the problem and recommend the best course of action to help keep your bills under control.
Your AC unit is making strange noises:
If you start to hear strange noises coming from your AC unit, it’s a sign that something is wrong. These could be grinding, squealing, or hissing sounds. If you hear any of these noises, it’s important to call a professional air conditioner maintenance in Warrenton, VA to come and take a look. Attempting to fix the problem yourself could result in further damage to the unit. The repair person will be able to quickly diagnose the problem and get your AC unit working properly again.
You see water around your AC unit:
Your AC unit is one of the most important appliances in your home, and it’s important to keep it in good working order. One thing that can go wrong with AC units is that they can develop leaks. If you see any water around your unit, it’s time to call a professional for help. Leaks can cause a variety of problems, including water damage to your home and decreased efficiency in your AC unit. A professional will be able to quickly diagnose the problem and make the necessary repairs. In the meantime, you can help prevent further damage by making sure that the area around your AC unit is clean and free of debris. By taking these simple steps, you can keep your AC unit running smoothly for years to come.
Fitzhugh Heating & Air Conditioning is a family-owned and operated business that has been providing quality AC repair in the Warrenton, VA region for several years. Call us today at (540) 273-4566 to schedule an appointment.