In recent years, braided wigs have become increasingly popular in various areas. Wearing braided wigs is a convenient and low-maintenance way to switch up your look without the commitment of too much time. What’s more, braided wigs are versatile and can be styled in various ways, making them perfect for any occasion. In this article, we will share some useful information about the box braided wig you may want to know.
The box braided wig is an African-inspired style that has been worn by women of all ages and backgrounds. Thanks to celebrities like Janet Jackson and Brandy who wore them, box braids became popular in the United States in the 1990s. Box braided wigs are a popular protective style that involves braiding synthetic hair extensions into small, square-shaped braids that are then sewn onto a wig cap. These wigs are versatile and can be worn in a variety of styles, making them a great option for anyone who wants a low-maintenance yet stylish hairdo.
Benefits of Box Braids
- They are incredibly versatile, such as Criss Cross Braids, Knotless Box Braids, and so on. They can be styled in various lengths, thicknesses, and colors, allowing you to customize your look to suit your individual style.
- They are also easy to care for and require minimal maintenance, making them a great option for anyone who wants a low-maintenance style that can be worn for several weeks.
- They help to prevent damage and breakage. If you try a different hairstyle without damaging your natural hair. The box braided wig will be a suitable choice for you, because box braids keep the hair moisturized and protected from the elements, reducing the likelihood of it breaking or becoming damaged.
- The wig cap of the box braided wigs is typically made of a breathable material, such as mesh or lace, to ensure that the wig is comfortable to wear and allows air to circulate around the scalp.
In conclusion, box braided wigs, especially butterfly braids, are a great option for anyone who wants a low-maintenance, protective style that can be worn for several weeks. They are versatile, stylish, and easy to care for, making them a great investment for anyone who wants to switch up their look without committing to too much time.
How to Wear
Step 1: Hold it from the back and place the front of the wig at your hairline.
Step 2: Use your fingers to adjust the wig until it is aligned with your natural hairline. At the same time, secure the wig in place with adjustable straps or hooks.
Step 3: Use a comb or brush to style the wig as desired. If necessary, use bobby pins or hair clips to secure any loose sections of the wig.
Tips for Caring and Maintenance
- To keep your braided wigs in good condition, it’s important to use a gentle shampoo that is specifically formulated for synthetic hair when washing it. This will help prevent the hair from becoming dry or damaged.
- After washing your braid wig, gently blot it with a towel to remove excess water. Do not rub or twist the wig, as this can cause damage. You can also use a wig stand or mannequin head to help the wig dry in its natural shape. Do not use a hair dryer or other heat source to dry the wig, as this can damage the hair. It’s important to let your wig air dry completely before wearing or storing it. This ensures that the hair dries evenly and helps prevent any damage to the wig.
- When you’re not wearing your braid wig, it’s important to store it properly to help maintain its shape and prevent damage. You can store your wig on a wig stand or mannequin head, or in a wig box. Be sure to keep the wig away from direct sunlight or heat, as this can cause the hair to fade or become damaged.
- To keep your braid wig looking great, it’s important to maintain it regularly. This includes washing and styling the wig as needed, as well as storing it properly when not in use. You should also avoid using harsh chemicals or heat on the wig, as this can cause damage to the hair.
Box braided wigs are a popular and versatile hairstyle that offers a range of benefits. They are a protective style that can help to protect natural hair from damage, while also providing a low-maintenance yet stylish hairdo. In addition, we also provide some steps about how to efficiently wear the box braided wigs. What’s more, following the tips and tricks of caring and maintenance for the braided wigs we mentioned above, you can keep your wigs stay longer.