Whether you are planning on spending Cinco de Mayo with an intimate family dinner or gathering with friends this year, the menu is still one of the most important aspects of the day. This means you are still going to want to pay extra attention to what you are serving – for maximum variety you are going to want to mix up some authentic Cinco de Mayo recipes, such as enchiladas, ceviche & quesadillas, with some non-traditional recipes. Making any of these 20 Cinco de Mayo Dinner Recipes we gathered will add a variety to your Mexican dinner that your taste buds will love!
Cinco de Mayo Dinner Recipes
1. Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas from Amanda’s Cookin’
Starting off our Cinco de Mayo dinner recipes round up are these sheet pan chicken fajitas are a delicious and easy meal. It takes less than 30 minutes to recreate and even less time to clean up.
2. Shrimp Tacos from Amanda’s Cookin’
A shrimp taco with crunchy cabbage, creamy avocado, and fresh salsa with lime will add the perfect amount of “kick” your palate needs!
3. Poc Chuc – Yucatecan Grilled Pork from Bacon is Magic
This grilled pork from Mexico, which is so easy to make and tasty. It’s a traditional Mayan dish marinated in sour orange juice and served with pickled onions.
4. Pork Carnitas from Bakersbeans
If you have some leftover pulled pork, these flavorful pork tacos can come together in just a matter of minutes. Make sure the meat is braised or simmered, serve with your favorite toppings, and voila you will have an authentic Mexican meal!
5. Smothered Baked Chicken Burritos from Carl’s Bad Cravings
These Chicken Burritos are made by stuffing them with slow cooker Mexican shredded chicken, baking to golden perfection, and smothering in a homemade Cheesy Green Chili Sour Cream Sauce. A fast and freezer-friendly meal for a busy Cinco de Mayo weeknight!
6. Vegetarian Fiesta Lasagna from Dizzy, Busy & Hungry
If you are vegan this unique recipe is for you and if you are not, use this casserole to hide some veggies that your family wouldn’t usually eat under lots of delicious gooey cheese.
7. Mexican Taco Stuffed Zucchini Boats from Evolving Table
Zucchini boats are so versatile, you can stuff them with your favorite ingredients. This recipe shows you don’t need a fried tortilla to enjoy everyone’s favorite Mexican dish!
8. Shredded Chicken Enchiladas from Evolving Table
Mexican chicken enchiladas have got to be THE tastiest Mexican dish there is! Loaded with cheese and packed with flavor, it is definitely one of my family favorites!
9. Ceviche from Feasting at Home
Ceviche is a very simple and delicious healthy Cinco de Mayo meal made with fresh fish, chili, lime, cilantro, avocado, tomato, and cucumber.
10. Hatch Chile Rice Recipe from Home Cooking Memories
A delicious must-have side dish for your Mexican dinners with just 3-ingredients!
11. Quick & Easy Mexican Pizza from Home Cooking Memories
Your family is going to love customizing their homemade pizza and turning it into their new favorite Mexican cuisine with an Italian twist!
12. Mexican Street Corn Salad from Live Eat Learn
This healthy Mexican street corn salad can be served as a side dish, on toast, in a taco, burrito or salad, and even all by itself.
13. Instant Pot Steak Burrito Bowls from Mom’s Dinner
If you love Mexican food, burrito bowls, and your Instant Pot, then this recipe is perfect for your Cinco de Mayo dinner.
14. The Best 15-Minute Refried Beans from Mom’s Dinner
This recipe is an excellent mixture of smooth refried beans mixed with the soft texture of whole pinto beans, seasoned with garlic, onions, and Mexican spices, and of course, you can’t forget the cheese!
15. Mexican Sopes with Beef Brisket from Muy Bueno Cookbook
For this recipe, the Corn dough is pan-fried into a thick, tortilla-like base and topped with refried beans, plus fall apart meat and a tasty pico de gallo.
16. Taco Spaghetti from Princess Pinky Girl
Here we go again with two wonderful ethnic dishes combined, tacos and spaghetti! This delightful Mexican casserole brings together two of our all-time favorite dishes, with a savory meat sauce, all made in one pan and ready in under 30 minutes!
17. Sheet Pan Quesadillas from Princess Pinky Girl
This has got to be the easiest way to make a crispy, oven-baked quesadilla that is just oozing with melted cheese!
18. Black Bean and Veggie Tortilla Pizza from Snixy Kitchen
This black bean and veggie tortilla pizza recipe are so darn fresh and tasty even your picky teenagers are going to love it!
19. 3-Ingredient Crock-Pot Chicken Tacos from Two Healthy Kitchen
I use my crock-pot for just about everything, and I can’t wait to try these chicken tacos that take just 5 minutes of prep and only 3 ingredients, served with all my favorite toppings!
20. One-Pot Mexican Rice Skillet Dinner from Two Healthy Kitchens
A fun, easy way to shake up Cinco de Mayo! This Mexican Rice Skillet Dinner is so simple, plus this tutorial has make-ahead strategies, too! Loaded with yummy Tex-Mex flavors, it’s a quick, one-pot dinner recipe your whole family will love!