There is no doubt that cowboy hats are a fashion statement. They are often seen as a symbol of the Wild West and evoke images of cowboys and cattle ranchers. However, cowboy hats also have a functional purpose. The wide brim helps to protect against the sun and rain, and the high crown helps to keep your head cool in hot weather.
If you are looking for a stylish men’s hat that can also protect you from the elements, then a cowboy hat is a great option. There are many different styles and colors to choose from, so you can find the perfect hat for your personality and wardrobe. Just be sure to wear it with confidence – after all, it’s not a cowboy hat unless you can pull it off.
The following paragraphs outline the key factors to consider when buying cowboy hats for men. This guide should help you learn enough about men’s cowboy hats so that you can shop with confidence and get the best hat for your needs.
What Size Cowboy Hat Should You Get?
Most men’s cowboy hats range in size from 6-3/4 to 10 inches, although some go up to 12 or 16 inches. The most common sizes worn by men are 7-1/2 and 7 5/8, which cover over 90% of male head sizes. If your measurements fall within these two sizes then it is likely that you will fit into either of them without having to make any adjustments. However, if you are outside this range then try the hat on before you buy it to make sure that it fits comfortably.
What Style Cowboy Hat Should You Get?
The style of cowboy hat that you choose will depend on your personal preference and the look that you are going for.
There are many different styles to choose from, including:
- Western hats: These hats have a traditional western design and are often made from quality materials like wool or leather. They are perfect for those who want to achieve a classic cowboy look.
- Rancher hats: This style is similar to the western hat, but is slightly less formal and more suited for everyday wear.
- Safari hats: Safari hats are designed for outdoor use and feature a wide brim to protect against the sun and rain. Safari hats are often made from canvas materials.
- Cowboy dress hats: These stiff, formal cowboy hats are worn by men who want to achieve a classic western look that is suitable for more formal daily wear.
Pick the Right Size Band
It can be tempting to only buy mens cowboy hats with decorative bands because these will stand out and give your hat something extra special. However, you should also consider buying men’s cowboy hats with plain bands so that you have more flexibility when it comes to customizing your hat or switching up its look. You should also buy a wide ribbon band for your hat if you plan on making your cowboy hat a fashion statement or wearing it frequently during activities like dancing or riding a horse – this type of band will help to keep the hat in place.
What Color Cowboy Hat Should You Get?
The color of your men’s cowboy hat is a matter of personal preference, but there are a few things to consider before you make your choice.
- Darker colors like black or brown can help to disguise sweat stains and are less likely to show dirt and dust.
- Lighter colors like tan or beige are perfect for warmer weather as they will reflect the sun’s rays and help to keep your head cool.
- Patterned hats can be fun, but they may not be as versatile as solid-colored hats.
- Hats with brims that are turned up on one side or all-around can give you a more stylish look, but they can also be more prone to blowing off in windy conditions.
There is some debate over whether cowboy hats are a fashion statement or a functional piece of clothing. Some people feel that cowboy hats are only meant to be worn while working on a ranch, while others feel that they can be worn anytime and anywhere.
The truth is, cowboy hats can be worn for both fashion and function. They can add an element of style to an outfit, or they can protect your head from the sun and wind. They are perfect for any outdoor activity, from hiking to horseback riding.
If you’re looking for a stylish and functional hat, consider buying a cowboy hat. You’ll love the way it looks and the way it protects you from the elements. Plus, you can wear it wherever you go, whether that’s working on a ranch or attending an outdoor concert.
There are many different styles of men’s cowboy hats to choose from, and the right one for you will depend on your personal preference and the look that you are going for. You should also consider picking up a men’s cowboy hat with a plain band so that you have more flexibility when it comes to customizing your hat or switching up its look. The color of your hat is also a personal choice, but you should keep in mind that darker colors may hide sweat stains better and lighter colors can help to cool you down in warm weather. Finally, cowboy hats can be worn for both fashion and function, so you can feel confident wearing yours anywhere, from the ranch to the concert.