An office desk can be compared to a suitcase: despite its limited size, it holds everything you need. And it is necessary to place many things – a computer, a printer, folders with documents, stationery, family photos, and a cup of coffee.
You will find a tiny home office desk for those who need a laptop at work and overall designs with many drawers, shelves, and massive director’s desks. You can set up a modern workspace at home to better focus on work tasks and increase individual productivity.
The ideal table size
When choosing the optimal size of the office desk for the home, you need to focus on state standards and your feelings. When shopping for a desk that works best for you, consider if you need additional features like drawers or an underside tray. If something like this would benefit you, try Fenstone for desks that might fit the profile of what you’re after.
A suitable office desk gets the following criteria:
- sitting at the table, a person assumes a natural posture and can comfortably place his hands;
- there is enough space for legs under the table;
- all objects on the table are easy to reach;
- the monitor can be installed so that it is safe for the eyes;
- there is enough space for writing and working with papers.
Nowadays, there are office desks with adjustable heights. The space from the ground to the table surface is adaptable with telescopic legs. Such furniture is adapted to a person of any size.
Sometimes, a larger table is needed – for example, if a person often works with drawings or much paper. A table with two pedestals should also be longer than 120 cm. The desk’s dimensions are 160 cm long and 80-90 cm wide.
What else to pay attention to?
Therefore, it is vital to consider the dimensions and other selection parameters that directly affect the quality of the purchase. Read the checklist in advance to help you choose the best furniture:
- The minimum size of the table is 60 × 120 cm, and the optimal is 80 × 160 cm. The average height is 75 cm.
- The table size should be suitable for the activity type, but despite that, one workplace should account for at least 4 square meters of office space.
- The most practical option for office spaces are rectangular and L-shaped tables. They can have curves, so sitting behind and reaching any object is convenient.
- The tables’ color and material depend on the office’s style and color scheme. Dark-colored tables are often placed in the manager’s office, and light furniture is in the offices of ordinary employees.
- Pay attention to the quality of accessories: handles, hinges, guides, drawers, and wheels of rolling cabinets. Check that these items are securely fastened.
- When choosing a chipboard table, ensure the edge is securely glued.
Sometimes the easiest way to understand what you want is to look at the finished furniture. One of the desks in mass production may suit you, or you may know what needs to be changed to create the perfect workplace.