If you are the head of a young family, it can feel like a real challenge to keep everything together, you and your partner probably both work full time, which puts limitations on family time. In this article, we offer a few tips on how to build and maintain a strong bond within the family.
- Weekly Dining – Book a table at the best Caringbah restaurant for a regular Saturday or Sunday evening and you can all catch up on what you’ve been doing that week. A busy family has schedules, parents work and the kids have school commitments, so it can be hard to find the time when you can all be together; once a week is ideal to enjoy a great meal in congenial surroundings and no one has to worry about washing up.
- Active holidays – Camping is a favourite family activity and if you aren’t into camping, perhaps it is time to start enjoying the amazing countryside where you live. Rent a campervan for a week in the summer and tour a part of Australia you have yet to explore; chances are this will lead to buying your own van and taking off at every opportunity.
- Do things as a family –Nothing bonds a family like engaging in a group activity; it might be watching an epic movie or cheering your team onto victory, or even playing a sport. Close families rarely have issues as the bond is strong and when things do go wrong, you can talk about it in a positive way. Here are a few tips on how to limit your child’s online time.
- Annual holiday – If the entire family enjoys a yearly break, everyone can recharge their batteries; go to a totally new environment and explore together. Each year you could visit a new country, which will broaden your kid’s horizons and that will equip them in their adult life. When young people experience a different culture, this helps them form a balanced outlook on the world.
- Communication is everything – A strong family communicates well and your kids should feel that they can talk to you about anything. If you don’t have time together, why not book a table at your favourite restaurant? Either Saturday or Sunday evening, you and the family can enjoy time together over a fantastic meal.
It is oh so easy to forget about the important things in life, as we all strive to fulfil our duties and no matter how busy we are, we should always find the time to spend with our family. If there are issues, they can likely be fixed by spending more time together; if you approach a counsellor, they would likely suggest spending more time together; going out for a social event is one way of spending quality time together.
The Australian government has online resources to help families develop a strong relationship, which you can easily find with a Google search.