Looking for a break from your busy life, Sydney?
Where to go? what to do?
Here’s an answer: Get your gang and go for a fine casual dining extravaganza!
There are plenty of cool places to go! But before that, how to plan casual dinner in Sydney ?
The answer lies in a few simple tips! Here’s how to plan casual dinner!
- Location: Find a place with an amazing view or near a lake, seaside or even riverside. Not just that, we can’t go low on the food as well. So, a place that is looks with taste is going to be our choice.
- Ambience: What kind of music do you want? Loud or mellow? Pumping or soothing? Are you huge on decor? Ah yes, the candelabras and the chandeliers too can set the mood.
- Food and wine pairings: Utterly important! Look up the specialty of the place and also read on the chef, if he belongs from the country where the cuisine originates, he is likely to get it better than a non-native chef could but even if he is a foreigner himself, you could give him a shot.
- Specials to try: Look out for the specials in that restaurant. It will help you narrow down your choice. What are you in the mood for? Italian, Thai, Mexican, Continental, or maybe a fusion? Choose per your liking!
Now that you know these tips on how to plan casual dinner, the next question is where to go?
There are many good places to plan casual dinner in Sydney, however, we’d like you to meet Dooleys!
Dooleys is a social club chain based in Sydney offering exciting deals, events, and coupons to members. Here’s a list of the best restaurants one could pick from, to plan casual dinner in Sydney:
Dining Restaurant & Bistro:
- Lunch: Mon to Sat- 12:00 PM -2:30 PM
- Sunday: 12:00 PM -3:00 PM
- Dinner: Mon to Sat- 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM
- Sunday: 4:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Based in Regents Park, this one has got you covered with a great selection of seasonal and fresh dishes. You must try their Monday’s Special Spaghetti Marinara made with Mussels, calamari, baby octopus, prawns, clams, Napolitana sauce, chilli and grated parmesan.
Lloyds Bistro Casual Dining:
- Lunch: Everyday: 12:00 PM – 2:30 PM
- Dinner: Sun – Thurs: 5:00 PM – 8:30 PM
- Fri – Sat: 5:00 PM – 9:00 PM
A local favorite, this one has your back from some wine and dine. Wednesday’s Special Perch Provencal made with a lightly dusted and pan-fried perch fillet is just delicious and delectable.
John Street Cafe:
- Mon-Fri: 10:00 AM – 10:00 PM
- Sat-Sun: 9:00 AM – 10:00 PM
John Street Cafe is the best place to enjoy a cuppa coffee. Bacon & Egg Roll with Coffee should be your order if you’re looking to do simple things perfectly! For a healthy meal, they have assorted salads for you and they are also known for their fancier ambiance, which lands them in the best picks to plan casual dinner, Sydney.
- Lunch: Wed- Mon: 11:30 AM – 2:30 PM
- Dinner: Sun, Mon, Wed & Thurs: 5:30 PM – 9:30 PM
- Fri-Sat: 5:30 PM -10:00 PM
- Closed on Tuedays.
For traditional Shanghai dishes with a modern twist, you could head to 8 Dragons. They use the freshest ingredients and serve your favourites including drunken chicken and steamed pork mini buns. You must try the pan-fried pork buns at 8 Dragons for a complete traditional Shanghai ensemble.
Vincent’s Noodle House:
- Tue – Fri: 10:00 AM – 9:00 PM
- Sat – Sun: 9:00 AM – 9:00 PM
- Closed on Mondays.
Your craving for pho and noodle dishes is satiated by Vincent’s Noodle House. Won Ton Noodle Soup, Prawn Laksa with Vermicelli Noodle, and Fish Fillet Laksa with Vermicelli Noodle are a few of their specials assorted for you. You know, for the days when your cravings need a little noodle, this is the best place to go to!
Your folks and you need a break from the hustle of life. Plan a date with everybody and make the most of life’s awesome treats.
You can also book a table at the above restaurants. However, while visiting these places, following COVID-19 protocols is mandatory. According to the latest directions, any person aged 12 years or older must wear a mask while entering a restaurant.