In order for your baby to grow up healthy and feel good, it is important not only to choose the right formula, but also to prepare it correctly. While it sounds easy to dilute the formula with milk, there are so many key points that greatly affect the quality of the finished formula.
Preparing Your Baby’s Formula
Failure to follow the rules for preparing the formula can lead to the fact that the child does not receive all the necessary vitamins and minerals. We have gathered the most important steps to prepare HiPP Dutch Stage 3 Combiotic Formula correctly and let your child receive everything it needs from our premium baby formula.
- The baby bottle and cap must always be sterile. The child’s body is very sensitive to microorganisms, so all items must either be boiled or cleaned in special devices.
- Water for mixing must be boiled for at least 5 minutes. Bottled water is not sterile. Heating water in a microwave oven is also not correct – the only sure way is to heat it in a saucepan. Then the water should cool to room temperature.
- First of all, pour the HiPP Dutch Stage 3 Combiotic Formula into the bottle. Be sure to use only the measuring spoon that comes with the package for the most accurate measurements. Only then, pour the required amount of water.
- Without shaking (otherwise dry particles getting into the nipple will clog the hole), roll the bottle in your hands. Then shake the bottle gently. Before giving it to your baby, make sure the mix is warm: put a few drops on your wrist or your elbow.
- Feed your baby in a semi-vertical position. This way, the formula stays in the stomach longer.
The preparation of baby formula requires attention to detail and adherence to certain rules. Following the directions on the HiPP Dutch Stage 3 Combiotic Formula package is essential. Remember that proper preparing ensures nutrition for your baby and contributes to its healthy growth and development.
Proper Storing of Your Baby’s Formula
Baby food is very delicate. From the moment of opening, it is very important to monitor the storage conditions in order to maintain the quality of the product for as long as possible. The HiPP Dutch Stage 3 Combiotic Formula packaging must be stored in a dry and dark place without direct contact with the sun. For example, putting it on a shelf above the stove or near the sink is a bad idea. Always wash your hands before handling packaging and use only clean utensils.
Storage of the prepared, diluted mix is allowed only in exceptional cases. Prepared baby food can only be consumed within 24 hours, provided that it is in a sterile closed bottle. If the child drank even just a little from the bottle, then it is absolutely prohibited to give it to a child again. Storing the mixture correctly will guarantee its quality and safety for your kid, while preserving all the useful properties of the product.