Need a quick and easy treat for your St. Patrick’s Day celebrating? Then these Saint Patrick’s Day cake pops are just what you need! They look so cute it’s hard to believe they are so easy to make. Made with a box mix cake, cream cheese frosting, candy melts, and decorations, you can make these in under a half-hour. The recipe makes about 10 cake pops, but you double the recipe or use the whole cake to make 40 cake pops. Cake pops are great party treats because you can hold them without getting messy. Cupcakes are cute too, but not always easy to eat while you’re standing.
- ¼ white box-mix cake, bake as instructed on the box
- 2 TBSP cream cheese frosting, soft
- 8 oz. candy melts, green
- 10 count 6 – inch cookie sticks
- 10 gold coins
- 3 TBSP white sprinkles
- In a large bowl, crumble your cake.
- Add in your cream cheese frosting. Mix well with a hand mixer, spoon, or stand mixer.
- Divide your cake into 10 sections. With the palm of your hand, round out each portion into a ball shape.
- Place your cake pops on a sheet pan or plate, and place them in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- While your cake pops are in the freezer, place all of your candy melts in a medium-sized bowl. Microwave for 30-second intervals until completely melted.
- Remove the cake pops from the freezer.
- Place your cookie stick in the candy melt, then the cake pop. Then add your cake pop to the candy melts. Coat the pop completely with the melt. On the side of the bowl, tap it gently with the stick removing any excess chocolate from the cake pop to create a smooth finish.
- Place the cake pop on the parchment paper. Immediately add your sprinkles before the chocolate dries. In the corner of your cake pop, push in your gold coin.
- Continue steps 6 – 8 until each cake pop is complete. Let the Saint Patrick’s Day cake pops set until the candy coating is hardened completely.
What else are you going to include in your St. Patrick’s day celebration? Here are some ideas for you: