You know that your business depends on leads if you’re a contractor. And if you want to grow your business, you need to find new and innovative ways to get more leads. One great way to do this is through SEO. You can reach more people looking for contractors online by using SEO techniques.
This blog post will discuss how SEO can help your business grow and generate more leads naturally. We’ll also talk about the benefits of SEO and why it’s worth the investment.
What Is SEO?
SEO, or Search Engine Optimization, improves the ranking of a website on search engines using organic traffic. By optimizing your website for specific keywords and using SEO techniques, you can reach more people who are looking for contractors online.
Generally, drawing up a list of keywords that best reflect your services is one of the most effective practices. One of the key benefits of SEO for your contracting business is getting “free” traffic to your site every month.
SEO can be an excellent tool for contractors to scale up their business. You can reach more people organically by searching for what you offer through SEO instead of paying for their clicks. In addition, by using targeted keywords, you can ensure that your website appears at the top of the search results. For more info on how you can best make use of SEO and related techniques to get more people to your site, check out this link for information and useful tutorials on how to build your website so you can successfully proceed with these SEO methods.
SEO is an integral part of any digital marketing strategy. And if you’re not using these techniques, then you’re missing out on a lot of potential leads in a growing online market. So SEO is worth the investment for contractors because it can help you reach more people, generate more leads, and grow your business. It’s likely that with the rest of your work, handling your own SEO feels almost impossible. In this case, you can hire a professional to help you manage it, like Detail Marketing SEO Consultants.
How Does SEO Work?
SEO works by optimizing your website for specific keywords and using those keywords to improve your ranking on search engines. The higher you rank on a search engine, the more likely people will find your site.
To optimize your website, you need to do keyword research. Keyword research is the process of finding the best keywords that people are searching for and incorporating them into your website. You can use a variety of tools to help you find the best keywords for your business, such as:
- Google AdWords
- Keyword Planner
Once you have a list of targeted keywords, it’s essential to use them throughout your website. Using them effectively includes referencing them in your website’s title tags, meta descriptions, and header tags. Of course, you can also use them in the content of your website, but you should be careful not to overuse them.
While once a widespread practice, spamming keywords in your content is incredibly detrimental to your search rankings on search engines.
In addition to using keywords throughout your website, it’s crucial to optimize your website for mobile devices. With more people using their phones and tablets to search for contractors online, your website must be mobile-friendly.
You can optimize your website for mobile devices by using a responsive design. Responsive designs mean that your website automatically adjusts to the device’s screen size. You can also use Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) to improve your website’s loading speed on mobile devices.
The Benefits of SEO For Contractors
SEO is an essential part of any digital marketing strategy, and it offers a lot of benefits for contractors. Organically ranking higher on search engines means that you can reach more people who are looking for contractors online.
There are many benefits to using SEO for your business. Some of these benefits include:
- Increased website traffic – high-quality SEO services like link building, keyword optimization, directory submission, analytics, and web audits, will lead to more organic traffic and lead generation.
- Improved brand awareness – you need to compete with other businesses in your niche. SEO services can help drive quality traffic and help your brand become trusted and visible. In this way, your business should be on the first page of SERPs (Search Engine Results Pages) for your keywords; if they aren’t, then your business will lose credibility.
- Lower marketing costs – SEO services offer some of the best ROIs than any other type of marketing. Since small businesses may struggle when competing with larger, global players, they have trouble establishing traffic and increasing visibility. However, SEO is relatively cheap, and its techniques help small businesses compete on a level playing field.
SEO is a great way to improve your reach to more people looking for contractors online. Using targeted keywords, among other techniques, can ensure that your business appears at the top of the SERPs.
Why Is SEO Worth the Investment?
SEO is a long-term investment that can help your business grow. Unlike other forms of online marketing, such as paid ads, SEO provides a steady flow of leads over time. And unlike other digital marketing techniques, such as social media or email marketing, SEO is not dependent on users taking action (such as clicking a link).
As a contractor, you should be more concerned with Local SEO techniques because they can reduce your advertising costs. Local SEO is a set of practices employed to optimize a business website. It becomes more visible in search results for queries related to contractors in a specific geographic area.
Some of the techniques used in Local SEO include:
- Optimizing titles and meta descriptions – every time you write new content for your website, you need to optimize it for search engines. Optimizing includes using high-volume keywords in the URL, title, header, meta description, and body.
- Optimize citations – this is essential for map data apps that provide enormous amounts of map data to search engines. Ensure that your information is correct and consistent across Express Update, Neustar Localeze, Foursquare, and Factual. Typos, abbreviations, and missing data will cause problems.
- Creating local content – as Google improves and gets more intelligent, contractors should gear content towards user needs rather than search engine needs. Be the local authority for your niche by promoting local gatherings, news, and employees. In addition, providing educational content or other valuable content beyond what you’re selling is crucial to success.
- Adding locations – customers usually search for your contracting services on Google from their mobile devices. As a result, Google generally identifies the user’s location and displays all related businesses in the area. Investing in Local SEO will ensure that your business remains visible.
- Get relevant Inbound links – these types of links are rare and powerful opportunities to show Google that you are a legitimate company with the appropriate authority in your niche. You can get inbound links by doing activities like sponsorships/partnerships or guest blogging.
- Optimizing for Google My Business pages – to optimize your business for Google, you must provide up-to-date hours and location information. You should also encourage customers to leave and share their reviews online. Last, you need to respond to reviews with sincerity while referencing the service and location the customer is addressing.
Local SEO is important for contractors because it allows them to be more visible in search results for people looking for contractors in their area. For instance, at least 46% of all Google searches are looking for local information.
By optimizing their website and using Local SEO techniques, they can increase their chances of being found by potential customers and remaining relevant in their niche. So if you’re looking for a way to scale up your business, SEO is definitely worth the investment.
How Relentless Digital Can Help You With Your Contracting SEO Strategy
If you’re looking for help with your contracting SEO strategy, look no further than Relentless Digital. Relentless Digital is a full-service digital marketing agency that can provide a noticeably higher ROI. We are a team of digital marketing experts specializing in helping HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, and Septic businesses like yours grow their online presence and generate more leads.
We have years of experience growing an online presence through SEO and other digital marketing techniques. We offer a variety of services that our team can customize to fit your unique needs, including:
- Google My Business (SEO)
- Reputation Management
- Website Design
- Social Media Marketing (SMM)
- Email Marketing
- YouTube Marketing
If you’re interested in learning more about how we can help you, please contact us today or check out our Website Portfolio. We would be happy to discuss our services with you and help you grow your business online.