Bedroom remodels are viable prospect in numerous ways. Unlike baths or kitchens, bedrooms require very minimal invasive, complicated stuff. It’s mostly about feeling and aesthetics, window treatments, color schemes, flooring, and painting.
- The other good aspect is that bedroom revamps can ensure better ROI.
- Expanding outward or upward to build a new bedroom or addition often showcases a low return since your initial investment is generally high.
- But redecorating and rehabbing an existing space is faster to complete and way cheaper.
- The first part is transforming your bedroom into an opulent master suite. It’s always outrageously costly to carve out your property for expanding your property’s footprint.
- You require roofing, walls, and a cluster of other elements. Turning your current bedroom into a master suite is a less costly project and it can pay you back sumptuously.
- You can create this space sans laying down a single square foot of the surface by merging a hallway and two bedrooms into a single, large area.
- Next is to improve the lighting. Most homeowners attend to their kitchen or bathroom lighting.
- You need to think about an amalgam of light sources. Focus on the ceiling light, replacing the old color with an eye-catching and fun shade.
- You can grace the ceiling with an oversized shade or chandelier.
- Rewire or reframe the wall behind to create sconces, ideal for reading and writing in bed.
- Modern style bedrooms look awesome with retro-track lights.
- Track lighting is very flexible, enabling you to slide light fixtures down the concerned track.
A sprawling and spacious master bedroom, with the space for a fireplace, a chaise lounge, and adequate storage for a family sounds wonderful, but not everybody has the space luxury.
- Well, small master suits can look as stylish and can function well, only if you can bedeck them to their full potential.
- Warm walls make small bedroom with minimal natural light look cozier and better.
- Embrace and imbibe dim lighting by applying deep shade on you walls to get a sophisticated, dramatic vibe.
- Petite suites often have scant storage space. Maximize the wall space by installing built-in bookcases with closed and open shelving.
- Even if you can’t accommodate accent furniture due to lack of space, a simple luggage rack or chair can add huge functionality to your space. There are dedicated furniture covers to cover these items.
- It provides a surface to place your stuff at night or keep magazines.
- Contrasting colors, extended headboard and greenery are other viable ideas to spruce up your bedroom.
A summation of bedroom remodels
Getting inspiration from outdoors is a good idea. A repurposed and refurnished barn door adds interest and texture to a rustic suite retreat. Bedroom remodels can fit your personal styles and preferences.
- You can implement reclaimed wood to start and create a unique piece. Add lights for reading. It will have a farmhouse appeal.
- Filling the space with greenery is great. A vibrant and neat palm leaf provides artwork in a beachy and clean bohemian room.
- A vintage map on the wall makes it the focal point of the room.
You can also ‘commission’ and attractive and scenic mural. You can choose from dozens of patterns and landscapes.