Summer is here! For some, that means it’s potluck and barbecue season, and for others, that means they want to have lighter meal options than they usually do. Whichever the case may be for you, this is the roundup you want to see! Here you will find the best summer salads you have ever feasted your eyes (and tastebuds on)! We’ve gathered lush fruit salads, crisp leafy green salads, and even salads with potatoes, pasta, beans, broccoli, coleslaw, plus many more tasty ingredients. So, if you’re not sure what to bring to your next picnic, check out our list!
1. Green Bean and Tomato Salad from Kalyn’s Kitchen
Fresh green beans and basil straight from the garden are the crispiest and most flavorful. They are also what make this salad a delicious summer treat!
2. Mediterranean Bean Salad from The View From Great Island
I love it when a salad is colorful – it’s almost like the more color a salad (or any meal, really) has, the tastier it will be! And there is certainly no shortage of colors with this crunchy Mediterranean salad.
3. Grilled Peach Salad from Caroline’s Cooking
Grilling fruit truly brings out its flavor, especially peaches, and they’re not just for dessert. Grilled peaches are sweet and savory, and they taste excellent in a light summer spinach salad!
4. Grilled Corn & Zucchini Salad from Amanda’s Cookin’
Delicious chargrilled veggies with feta cheese make this grilled corn and zucchini salad the perfect summer barbeque or potluck side dish.
5. Shrimp Pasta Salad from Sugar Spun Run
Pre-cooked shrimp will help this macaroni salad come together quickly, and the hastiness of this side dish makes it an easy choice for pairing with any meal!
6. Grilled Veggie & Quinoa Salad from The Mommy Mix
This Grilled Veggie & Quinoa Salad has asparagus, bell peppers and cherry tomatoes marinated in a sweet honey dijon vinaigrette. The perfect summer side for any dish!
7. Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad from Lemon Blossoms
Today’s summer salad salads combine the best of the past with what’s popular now. And, this easy-to-make pasta salad recipe is exploding with flavor! Charred corn and pasta are tossed in a creamy chili-lime dressing and topped with cotija cheese and crispy bacon!
8. Grape Salad with Vanilla Cream Cheese Dressing from Two Healthy Kitchens
An updated, healthier version of the classic grape salad – this recipe is a must-have at your summer gatherings!
9. Red Cabbage Coleslaw from The Typical Mom
Easy red cabbage coleslaw recipe you can use as a side dish or on sliders! Simple vegetable dish with a tangy and sweet dressing you’ll love.
10. Strawberry and Avocado Salad from Simply Stacie
Strawberries add a sweet burst of flavor to salad! It’s easy to make the night before and store in a container to take with you for a light lunch option.
11. Grilled Cucumber with Mint and Feta from It’s A Veg World After All
Grilled cucumber is tender, juicy, and savory in this vegetarian summer salad that’s excellent for barbecues. Fresh mint, feta cheese, and sliced almonds add an abundance of flavor and texture.
12. Beet and Greens Salad from Alice and Lois
I love the refreshing taste of fresh mint and lemon vinaigrette with roasted beets and greens. This salad should be a staple any time of year!
13. Tuna Potato Salad with Dill Buttermilk Dressing from Maple + Mango
Serve this salad as a complete meal or light lunch. A pleasing mixture of baby potatoes, green beans, tuna, radishes and red onion all tossed together with a nice dill buttermilk dressing.
14. Creamy Balsamic Summer Pasta Salad from Veggie Inspired
This pasta salad comes with the options of making it dairy-free, oil-free, refined sugar-free, and gluten-free. Either way, you choose, it still makes an exceptional choice for your bbq, picnics, and potlucks!
15. Grilled Cobb Salad with Avocado Dressing from Yummy Healthy Easy
You will love this twist on a traditional cobb salad that has…wait for it…grilled marinated chicken, even the lettuce is grilled!
16. Classic Insalata Caprese from Happy Kitchen
Tomato Mozzarella Salad is a perfect quick option for any gathering – serve it as an appetizer or salad. Packed with summer flavors – it’s light, refreshing, and so easy to make!
17. Keto Broccoli Salad from Two Sleevers
This low-carb broccoli salad is easily a family favorite and one that all of the guests at your summer shindigs will ask you to make over and over again.
18. Watermelon Fruit Salad with Berries and Lime Dressing from Crowded Kitchen
I love everything about unusual yet delightful fruit summer salads! This Watermelon Fruit Salad with strawberries, raspberries, cherries, and a lime mint dressing is a refreshing, flavorful spin on classic fruit salad.
19. Best Summer Cherry Tomato Salad from Curry Trail
This fresh tomato salad is simply the best and easiest summer salad you’ll ever make! Best served chilled, after about an hour when the flavors from the spices and red wine vinegar have had time to seep into the veggies.
20. Meat Lovers Pasta Salad from The View From Great Island
This meaty pasta salad will be the talk of your next barbecue, potluck, or backyard shindig. Set some aside in your fridge for those long hot days when you don’t want to cook!
These 20 summer salads are sure to add some fresh deliciousness to your summer menu. Some may become a new family favorite. Looking for other dishes? Check out these roundups: