Pests can be a considerable nuisance; they can damage your property, contaminate your food, and even spread diseases. If you have a pest problem, taking action quickly is essential. Professional pest control services can help you get rid of pests quickly and effectively.
However, there are also pros and cons before deciding whether or not professional pest control suits you. First, this article will discuss the benefits of professional pest control and the drawbacks. Then, we’ll help you decide if it’s worth the cost!
Pest Control: What are Your Options?
When it comes to pest control, there are two options: professional pest control and DIY pest control. Both have pros and cons; taking action is best for you. As a homeowner, it’s essential to be proactive about pest control no matter what option you choose. You can take steps to protect your property from pests or hire a professional pest control service.
But is professional pest control worth the cost, or can you handle it and DIY the job yourself? Here are some pros and cons to consider when thinking of hiring a professional:
- Professionals Have the Experience and Equipment – A significant advantage of professional pest control services is that the technicians have the experience and equipment to eliminate pests. If you have a severe pest problem, it’s best to leave it to professionals. They will be able to identify the types of pests and recommend the best course of treatment. They will also have the proper equipment to eliminate the problems safely.
- Professionals Can Help Prevent Pest Infestations – Another benefit of professional pest control is that they can help prevent future infestations. They will inspect your property for potential entry points and seal them to prevent pests from getting in. They will also recommend ways to keep pests away, such as keeping your yard clean and tidy.
- Professionals Provide Peace of Mind – If you have a severe pest problem, it can be stressful to figure out how to get rid of it yourself. Hiring a professional pest control service will give you peace of mind knowing that a knowledgeable person will do the job right. Plus, professionals will maintain your traps by removing old and broken traps, removing nests, reapplying pesticides, and more. This will save you time and hassle in the long run, reducing the possible damage to your property!
- Cost – One of the main disadvantages of professional pest control is the cost. The services can be expensive, especially if you have a serious infestation. DIY pest control may be a better option if you’re on a budget.
- Pests May Return – While professional pest control services can be effective, there is no guarantee that the pests will not return. Therefore, if you have a persistent problem, it may be necessary to hire a professional on an ongoing basis.
Now that we’ve gone over some pros and cons of professional pest control, let’s take a look at some of the pros and cons of DIY pest control.
- Cost – The most significant advantage of DIY pest control is that it’s much cheaper than professional services. This can be an excellent option if you’re on a tight budget.
- You Can Do It Yourself – Another advantage of DIY pest control is that you can do it yourself! So if you’re handy and don’t mind getting a little dirty, this may be the best option for you.
- Pests May Return – One of the disadvantages of DIY pest control is that the problems may return. They could come back if you don’t get rid of them completely.
- You May Not Be Able to Get Rid of the Pests Yourself – If you’re not handy or don’t have the time, you may not be able to get rid of the pests yourself. In this case, professional pest control services may be your best option.
- The Liability is on You – If you use pesticides or other chemicals to get rid of the pests, you will be responsible for any damage caused. This includes damage to your property and health problems for you or your family.
- Don’t Have Access to Industry Tools – If you don’t have industry tools, you may be unable to get rid of the pests effectively. This is especially true for more difficult-to-reach areas, such as crawl spaces and attics.
As you can see, there are pros and cons to professional pest control services and DIY pest control. Weigh the advantages and disadvantages carefully to decide what is best for you and your property.
What Does a Pest Control Service Do?
Proper pest control services are more than just the strategic spraying of pesticides around your property. While a service technician is at your property, they will also take the time to:
- Inspect – The technician will first inspect your property to identify the pest problem and the extent of the infestation. They will also look for potential entry points and breeding grounds.
- Identify – Once the problem has been identified, the technician will develop a plan to eliminate the pests. This plan will consider the specific needs of your property.
- Treat – The technician will treat your property with the appropriate pesticides and traps.
- Monitor – The technician will monitor your property to ensure the pests are gone. They will also look for any new pest activity.
Frequency of Treatment and Hiring a Professional Pest Control Company
The cost and frequency of pest control needs vary depending on the location, type of pest, and severity of your problem. You may only need to treat your property once if you have a minor infestation. However, if you have a more severe problem, you may need to treat your property regularly. Generally, pest control is performed on a:
- One-time Service – $300-$500
- Multiple Service Calls – $150-$300 initial than less afterward
- Monthly Service Calls – $40-$70 for each visit
- Quarterly Service Calls – $100-$300 per visit
Hiring a professional pest control company is the best way to eliminate pests. Sprague Pest Control Solutions has served the Denver, Colorado, area for many years. They have the experience and offer comprehensive, end-to-end pest control services that can help protect your home or business from pests of all kinds.
Sprague Pest Control Solutions has a team of experienced and certified professionals with the latest pest control techniques and products. We also offer monthly, bi-monthly, and quarterly service plans to meet your budget. Contact Sprague Pest Control Solutions today to learn more about their services and how they can help protect your property from pests.