Life can be stressful, of that there is no doubt and when you arrive home after a tough day at the office, you need to be in a relaxing and soothing ambience. Most Australian homeowners pay attention to the ambience and there are many ways that you can create a warm and inviting feel to your living space.
- Wall art – If you have some large expanses of bare walls, perhaps it is time to fill those spaces with some elegant art. You might prefer abstracts or perhaps a few landscapes, search the web for online suppliers of wall prints and other forms of art.
- Clean your windows regularly – The best window cleaning services in Brisbane are but a web search away and a weekly visit ensures that your windows are sparkling clean. If you sit in your favourite armchair and the windows are dirty, you probably won’t be able to rest and end up getting out the glass cleaner and newspaper.
- Deep clean carpets – You would be surprised at the dirt and grime that can accumulate in carpet, which is why you should call in a carpet cleaner twice a year. Clean carpets remove potentially harmful germs, viruses and pathogens that we bring into the house on the soles of our shoes.
- Large pillows – Rich colours add brightness to any interior and whether in the living room or bedroom; order a few colourful beanbags online, which are really comfortable and make the home look lived-in.
- Fresh flowers – Talk to a local florist and have freshly cut flowers delivered every week; most species will last for 5-7 days if kept in water. The natural scent elevates mood and your favourite flowers are a welcoming sight when you arrive home at the end of the day.
- Indoor plants – Why not bring the garden into the house with selected exotic indoor plants? Take a drive to your local nursery and check out the diverse range of indoor and outdoor plants on offer. If you would like to know more about the various species of shrubs and plants, the Internet has all the answers.
- Change your lighting – The way a room is illuminated has a bearing on the ambience and with the latest generation of LED light fittings, you have an unlimited choice of colours. Adding dimmer switches helps to create a soothing ambience after dark, which you can finely tune to suit your mood.
- Scented candles – Nothing makes a space more relaxing than lighting scented candles; pine, sandalwood or spruce make for great aromas to help you relax. Search online for suppliers of essential oils and scented candles, browse their extensive catalogue and place an order.
How you decorate your home does make a difference and we hope the above ideas help you to create a soothing and relaxing atmosphere in your home.